Capital: Bangkok (กรุงเทพมหานคร)
Population: approx. 68.863.000
National language: Thai
Time zone: UTC+7 (all year)
Government: Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy
Currency: Baht (฿) (THB)
Change at: 1 THB ≈ 0,029 EUR
– simple visa on arrival (30EUR) valid for a stay of up to 60 days (other options are available
– validity of passport min. 6 months
– immigration questionnaire given out by airlines (to be shown only at passport control)
– valid visa and entry stamp in passport
– valid flight ticket or voucher
– questionnaire you filled in for immigration (to be handed in at passport control)
tip: keep the entry questionnaire with your passport, it will make emigration a lot easier if you still have it!
(all information as of June 2019)
My first time in Asia and so exciting. My trip to Thailand has given me an incredible impression of the Asian culture and life. Loved it a lot and will definitely go back again.
Originally, I planned to travel through the country with flights to and from Bangkok and the idea of going south to Koh Tao first, spend a few days making my PADI Open Water and then going further south to catch a plane to Chiang Mai in the north.
However, things worked out differently and I spent most of my two weeks in Thailand experiencing the underwater world of the country. Don’t regret a single day, however, there’s a lot left in Thailand I therefore haven’t seen. Not yet at least…
– Koh Tao
– Koh Samui